ASIS has a distinctive culture and esprit de corps and we embrace the Australian Public Service (APS) Values, together with a number of ASIS-specific values. In ASIS, we value diversity, embrace change and encourage new and innovative ideas. We have a strong sense of national pride and loyalty to the Service and to each other.
Our core values are:
Our strength is our people; united in purpose
- We are passionate, adaptable and resilient.
- We care about our people and empower them.
- We value diversity in our people, their ideas, experience and skills.
- We are one team, achieving our best when we work together.
- We recognise that every officer contributes to our success.
- We serve the Australian Government and the Australian people.
Considered in our actions; undaunted by new horizons
- We think boldly, take calculated risks, plan and act decisively.
- We are agile in the face of change.
- We learn from experience and celebrate our successes.
- We are innovative and tenacious, yet rigorous, in approach.
- We are forward thinkers, optimistic about the future.
- We embrace technology and rise to new challenges.
Respect is our foundation; integrity our compass
- We show respect for one another in our words and actions.
- We engender trust in colleagues, customers and those we work with.
- We serve with honesty, loyalty and pride.
- We show personal and moral courage.
- We demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour and accountability, abiding by Australian law.
- We live our values and lead by example.