ASIS has a distinctive culture and esprit de corps and we embrace the Australian Public Service (APS) Values, together with a number of ASIS-specific values. In ASIS, we value diversity, embrace change and encourage new and innovative ideas. We have a strong sense of national pride and loyalty to the Service and to each other.
Our core values are:
Excellence in Service
- We strive for excellence in all that we do.
- We are responsive and dedicated to achieving results that make a difference to Australia and its people.
- We believe that the principles of security are fundamental to everything we do.
- We are proud of our achievements.
- We embrace diversity and use it to champion new ideas.
- We are forward thinkers, optimistic about the future and undaunted by change.
- Whatever the problem or issue, we will find a solution.
- We believe in the application of intelligence and reason to improve the way we do our work.
Trust and Responsibility
- We are committed to building strong, long-lasting relationships with our customers, intelligence partners and liaisons.
- We rely on our colleagues and build trust by listening, following through and keeping our word.
- We preserve trust with our sources.
- We abide by Australian law and community standards and are accountable for our actions.
Courage, Unity and Loyalty
- We show moral and personal courage in dangerous and difficult situations.
- We work as a team and share purpose, risk, responsibility and success.
- We are loyal and committed to the Service and our mission.
- We honour and value our colleagues and treat one another as equals.
- We stand together as one in the service of our country.
ASIS also has a comprehensive Code of Conduct which reflects the provisions of the Australian Public Service Code of Conduct, while also extending to cover ASIS specific requirements.